Message from Bishop Geoff Woodcroft
Thank you for visiting this section of our online presence.
As we move together toward Guaranteed Basic Income, feel free to utilize our letter to MPs and make it your own. I also encourage you to write the Prime Minister at the same time to make know your desire for a healthy Canada.
Wishing you much health and success.
An Open Letter to The Prime Minister The Deputy Prime Minister and the Minister of Finance
Revised letter with additional Bishop’s signatures – OPEN LETTER MAY 3 2020
- This letter may be sent by email or by Canada Post to your MP
- Letters to MPs sent through Canada Post do not require any postage
- If sending by post, the MPs local office will receive the letter more quickly than their Ottawa office
- It is critical to include your address, especially your postal code, in the signature portion of the letter that you send; this is how MPs determine that you are a constituent who they represent in the House of Commons
- If you do not know your MP or their contact information, it can be found at https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en
Letter campaigns like this are most effective when MPs receive a high volume of letters about the same issue. While it is more work, it is more effective if every member of a community writes a letter or email than to have one letter sent on behalf of everyone. This is a case where quantity is critical.