Anglican-Lutheran Full Communion
The partnership that exists the Anglican Church of Canada and the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada is part of the life of the Diocese of Rupert’s Land. Cooperation at the parish level is a living demonstration of the on-going rapprochment throughout our two communions internationally and throughout world-wide Christianity.
While our respective heritages are treasured, we have come to believe that our future is not defined solely by our past.
“We declare the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada and the Anglican Church of Canada to be in full communion”
Parishes in the Diocese of Rupert’s Land that share facilities and/or and incumbent/pastor
Several parishes of the Diocese of Rupert’s Land exemplify the kinds of interdenominational cooperation that are occuring:
- St. Stephen and St. Bede, Wpg The Rev. Diana Wilde, priest
- Grace-St. John, Carman The Rev. Trudy Thorsteinson, pastor
- St. Cyprian, Teulon The Rev. Claire Speary, pastor
- St. John’s Cathedral The Rev. Paul N Johnson, pastor and Dean of Rupert’s Land
- St. Mary, Charleswood The Rev. Lenise Francis, pastor