- This event has passed.
Living Well Together: reflecting on history & healing between the church and Indigenous peoples
August 29 @ 8:45 am - 4:30 pm
Morning/early afternoon: connecting the dots between history and today
Remainder of the afternoon: practical ideas for helpfulness and support
Goals of the day are to:
- help participants understand pathways to engaging Indigenous youth
- relational and support strategies that support people
- what does it mean to be trauma informed
- come away with a working understanding of the ways historical practices are connected to today’s concerns
- ways that churches can be supportive and safe spaces
- offer resources for ongoing learning
The day will include a sharing circle, as well as small and large group activities.
Facilitator: Kelly Bernardin-Dvorak of Jonah Counselling & Consulting.
Lunch to be provided, with a morning and afternoon break.
Free for all Priests, Deacons, Postulants and Lay ministers of the Diocese of Rupert’s land.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to secure a spot.