The Cathedral is looking for an energetic, people oriented individual to fulfill a key role in the administrative organization.
Essential qualifications include:
· Experience providing clerical and administrative support
· Experience in bookkeeping and processing accounts payable
· Experience maintaining financial reports and ledgers including monthly balancing of financial accounts, financial reporting and cash flows
· Experience using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel and Outlook) or equivalent software applications including the demonstrated ability to enter data with a high level of accuracy
· Experience taking minutes for varied groups and meetings
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with the public
· Excellent team player
· Strong verbal communication skills
· Strong written communication skills including experience preparing and editing correspondence
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Strong organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines
Desired qualifications include:
· Training in financial accounting
· Good web skills, ideally including website posting and maintenance, and social media
Under the direction of the Dean of the Cathedral, this position provides administrative assistance to the Dean and Rector of St. John’s Cathedral, coordinates the daily operation of the office to support the parish services, ministries, cemetery and diocesan functions, provides daily reception duties for telephone inquiries and onsite visitors and performs financial accounting functions.
There is a six-month probation period required after which a contract may be offered by the Cathedral Corporation.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact the office below for a detailed job description. Please submit your letter of application, with resumé, and at least two references by June 3rd, 2022, attention:
“Office Support Selection Committee”
St. John’s Anglican Cathedral
135 Anderson Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba R2W 5M9